On Sunday 24 May, the State Government announced plans to ease COVID-19 restrictions, allowing swimming pools to open from 1 June with additional health and safety measures.
Since this announcement, our team have been working hard to make the following changes to our services to ensure the health and safety of our community.
Changes to services include:
- Increased cleaning measures including regular facility cleaning and sanitation stations.
- Safety screens at customer service to ensure appropriate social distancing between staff and patrons.
- Under current restrictions, showers and change room facilities are closed. Access to toilets is permitted within the facility. Due to current change room refurbishment at Clayton Aquatic & Health Club, alternative toilets within the centre are available if necessary.
- No locker access is available. Please leave valuable personal items at home. There will be allocated space near each pool for temporary storage of non-valuable items.
Pools to Re-open
From Monday 1 June, lap swimming will be available at Monash Aquatic & Recreation Centre and Clayton Aquatic & Health Club. In addition to this, we will open the Warm Water Exercise Pool at Monash Aquatic & Recreation Centre. These pools will operate with strict numbers per sessions and bookings will be required.
Bookings essential for all visits
To monitor the number of people in our facility, bookings will be required for all visits.
Bookings are open to members, multi-pass holders and casuals.
- Session Prices:
- MARC - Adult $8.40, Concession $6.30 - Members will receive 50% discount.
- CAHC - Adult $6.70, Concession $4.70 - Members will receive 50% discount.
- All bookings to be made over the phone, with no bookings accepted in centre.
- Call either of the below numbers to book a swim:
See below for important booking information and see terms & conditions here.
Important booking information:
- Bookings available by phone during business hours (Monday – Friday 6am - 9pm, Saturday – Sunday 8am - 7pm).
- Bookings available 48 hours in advance of session start time.
- Booking along with payment for multiple sessions within 48 hours period prior to attending a session.
- Bookings available up until 30 minutes prior to session start time
- A booking consists of 45 minutes in the facility from the session start time. Patrons must depart the centre 15min prior to the next session commencing to allow staff to complete cleaning procedures between sessions.
- Refunds and credits are not available if you cancel your session booking.
- There is maximum of one booking, per patron, per day to a maximum of 3 bookings per week. This is to allow many people in our community to access the Centre.
- Current age restrictions on access:
- Children 10 and Under - We are currently unable to accept bookings for children under 10.
- Children 10 and Over - Parents must use their judgement prior to booking children 10 and over in to swimming sessions. We recommend that children 10 and over are accompanied by a supervising parent/guardian who ideally is prepared to swim and supervise their child. The supervision parent/guardian is also required to pay the appropriate casual swim entry. We are not currently accepting Non-swim entries.
Monday to Friday: 6am - 9pm
Saturday and Sunday: 8am - 7pm
Monday to Friday: 6am - 9pm
Saturday and Sunday: 8am - 6pm
Session Times - CAHC
25m Pool -
Up to 2 Swimmers per lane. Maximum of 16 at any time in the 25m pool.
|Monday - Friday
||Saturday - Sunday
|6.00am, 7. 00am, 8.00am, 9.00am, 10.00am, 11.00am, 12.00pm, 1.00pm, 2.00pm, 3.00pm, 4.00pm, 5.00pm, 6.00pm, 7.00pm, 8.00pm
||8.00am, 9.00am, 10.00am, 11.00am, 12.00pm, 1.00pm, 2.00pm, 3.00pm, 4.00pm, 5.00pm
The following services will not be available during this phase:
- Health Club
- Group Fitness
Member and visitor expectations
To maintain community health and safety, we ask all visitors to practice the following when visiting our facility:
- Practice appropriate 1.5 metre social distancing at all times
- Prompt entry and departure from assigned entry and exit points.
- Stay home if you are sick – If you have cold or flu like symptoms you must stay home, do not attend your booked session and seek appropriate medical advice
- Have patience. We ask that you remain patient when visiting our facilities. As always, please respect our staff and follow their directions at all times. If you have any questions or issues when visiting, please see a member of our team for assistance.